The Music Department offers many exciting opportunities. First-rate teachers provide excellent teaching from the complete beginner to Grade 8 and around one-third of our pupils study at least one musical instrument.
At Hull Collegiate School, we have:
Two fully-equipped classrooms, each including:
- Keyboards and percussion instruments from around the world
- PCs with the latest Sibelius composition software and high quality sampled sounds
The Baccarat Room and Drawing Room adjoin the Music Department and provide superb space and acoustics for rehearsals or small concerts. The Radcliffe Hall also has Yamaha C3 grand piano and is used for larger concerts.
Six individual practice rooms with pianos, plus:
- A team of skilled visiting music teachers covering all instruments, theory and singing
- A large stock of musical instruments available on a termly hire basis for pupils’ use
- Collegiate Chorus (open to all), Cantamus (Chamber Choir), Year 7 Choir, Senior Orchestra, Guitar Group, Prep Orchestra, Wind Band, Prep Choir and smaller chamber music ensembles
Each pupil from Year 3 upwards is encouraged to learn a musical instrument or have singing lessons.