Treasurer of FoHCS
A fantastic opportunity to become part of your school community from September 19. We are looking to appoint a new Treasurer for the new academic year. The current Treasurer is more than happy to be shadowed for the first event of the season (The Michaelmas Ball) so the newly appointed person feels comfortable taking over the role in the next term.
Basic understanding of book keeping – able to maintain accurate records of income and expenditure, if you love Excel then this is a role for you.
Organised with an eye for detail – big events involve counting a lot of small change. The Treasurer leads the ‘money’ team, making up floats and collecting money from various stalls.
Calm, approachable and a team player – it’s a busy role. The Treasurer must be able to remain calm during busy times, and ensure he or she does not work in isolation by communicating regularly with the rest of the committee.
Main purpose of the role
The Treasurer ensures accurate financial records are kept and best practice procedures are followed for counting money, banking and making payments. He or she should keep the committee updated with regular reports, and ensure end of year reports are completed for the association’s AGM and (if applicable) the Charity Commission annual return.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Keeps up to date and accurate financial records.
- Presents financial updates at each committee meeting.
- Manages the FoHCS bank account and holds the association cheque book and debit card.
- Arranges changes of signatories on the association bank account.
- Ensures all bank cards, cheque books and paying books are accounted for and obtained from any individual leaving the FoHCS.
- Ensures best practice procedures for counting and banking money after events are in place and followed.
- Makes approved payments.
- Ensures procedures for making approved payments and claiming approved expenses are followed by all committee members.
- Prepares annual treasurers report for AGM and arranges an independent examination of the association accounts if the income exceeds £25k.
- Completes the Charity Commission annual return.
Meet the whole school community and be part of a friendly, dynamic committee who are successful at raising funds for Hull Collegiate School.
For more information or an informal chat about the role please get in touch email@example.com